I’m back!! Yahh! Sorry to all my little debbie’s kitchen followers for taking such a long hiatus. The holidays really took up all my time but now I am back, and back with an awesome recipe at that! This is the best version of any puffed pancake that I have ever had and guess what folks, it’s gluten-free. I found this recipe on a non-gluten free website and changed it to be gluten-free as well as dairy free. I made this for Christmas brunch for my family and it was a huge hit! Once I took a bite I thought I was eating heaven on earth for breakfast, it was divine. Besides tasting amazing, this recipe is super easy to make. I can’t wait to hear what you think after you’ve made this for yourself! Please leave a comment down below!
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used rice milk)
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick of butter ( I used a dairy free, soy free butter)
- 2 green apples sliced thinly (I peeled my apples)
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a large bowl mix eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Batter will be slightly lumpy
- Melt butter in a 9 x 13 pan in the oven as soon as butter is melted remove from oven
- Add apple slices to baking dish. Return to oven until butter sizzles. (Do not let it brown)
- Remove dish from oven and immediately pour batter over apples
- Sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake in middle of oven 20 minutes or until puffed and brown
- Serve with Maple Syrup, powdered sugar, or your favorite pancake topping! I actually love mine plain, it’s that good!
Little Debbie’s Tip: If you don’t need to be gluten-free you can use regular All Purpose Flour. I use Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Flour which I think is the best.