I think this is my new favorite chicken recipe. It is so amazingly delicious. Jim and I ate this with coconut flavored rice which I also made in the slow cooker. What a pair that was! I love the flavors of this recipe and how it all comes together so perfectly. This is definitely one of the easiest recipes I have made so far, and also one of the best!!
- 1 1.2 pounds boneless,skinless chicken pieces
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 onions, corsley chopped
- 1 head garlic, cloves peeled and intact (about 15 cloves)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
Directions: Use a 4-quart slow cooker. Put the chicken into the bottom of your slow cooker. Add the tomatoes and chopped onion. Add the garlic, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or on high for 5 to 6 hours. I highly recommend cooking it on low in order to meld all the flavors together.
Little Debbie’s Tip: I have found that chicken thighs work really great with this recipe. I used tenderloin the first time I made it and it just wasn’t the same.
Credit: Stephanie O’dea